Autumn is a season of brilliant COLOR! Pleasing to the eye and to the mind,
COLORS are all around us, something we often take for granted.
Take this month's trivia test to see how much you know about COLORS -
Streeeetch that mind!
(Answers appear when you hover over the paint splotch
by each question... but NO FAIR PEEKING!
Answers are also given at the end of the questions,
in case some turkey cleaned up the paint spills)
1. For the ancient Romans, what object was a signal for the commencement of a battle?
A) A white dove
B) A red flag
C) A ship with a yellow sail
D) A blue kite
2. The flag of Libya is the only national flag that is one solid color. What color is it?
3. What do performers do in the "green room" of a TV studio, theatre, or concert hall?
C) Watch the performance
4. In the West, it is tradition that the bride carries or wears something blue. What does blue represent in this case?
5. In Thailand, what color does a widow wear to mourn her husband's death?
6. What is the most striking color combination, in terms of visibility?
A) Red and white
B) Black and white
C) Yellow and black
D) Yellow and red
7. What color is most commonly found on national flags?
8. Cleopatra loved purple and ordered her slaves to attain one ounce of beautiful purple dye. What did they have to do in order to obtain the dye?
A) Soak a bunch of special snails
B) Stomp on piles of grapes
C) Strain pounds of special sea algae
D) Crush millions of violets
9. By mixing blue and yellow paint, one would create which color?
B) Dark blue
10. What colors are preferred by children under the age of eight?
A) Purple, pink, violet
B) Red, orange, yellow
C) Blue and green
D) Black and white
11. What makes flamingos pink?
A) The strong ultraviolet rays of their tropical climate
C) Oil spills
D) The shell fish they eat
12. Why are zebras striped?
A) They just evolved that way
B) To maintain a balanced body temperature
C) For camouflage
D) To distinguish them from domestic horses
13. What language does the work “Khaki” come from”?
14. In medieval times, what jewel was so highly prized in English heraldry that is was used to designate a certain color?
15. If a person has no melanin pigmentation of the iris, what color eyes does s/he have?
16. What are considered the most healthy food colors?
A) Blue and red
B) Yellow and purple
C) Orange and red
D) Brown and green
17. Which of the following is not a traditional color of an M&M candy?
18. If you asked for a bag of Skittles candy in the USA, which color of bag would not be among the choices?
And now for the latest from today’s “COLOR therapists”…
19. Which color is thought by chromotherapists to correspond to the top of the head and therefore brain activities?
20. What color supposedly has the effect of counteracting physical fatigue?
21. Which color relaxes the nervous system?
22. Which color makes people feel anxious?
23. Which color makes people lose their tempers most easily?
24. Which color "zaps" away your energy?
25. Which color makes people feel cool and refreshed?
A) Light Blue
B) Light Purple
C) Light Green
26. Which color makes people most nervous or frightened?
D) Lime Green
27. Which of the following colors is most appetizing?
28. Which color can improve human vision and is used in hospitals to relax patients?
29. Which color, in certain shades, looks the most artificial?
30. Can certain colors make you work harder?
C) Depends on the lighting
D) Depends on the season of the year